Thank you for using Speaketto! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Speaketto is made in Austria and as a company based in the European Union we are firmly committed to meeting and often exceeding European data protection standards for all our members wherever possible. Please take the time to read these details to fully understand how we handle your data and keep it safe.
2.1 Speaketto collects personal information (name, email and password) when you register with us, use Speaketto services.
2.2 You have choices about the information in your profile, such as your interests, photo, location or about me information.This additional profile information will assist other users in finding and communicating with you but it’s your choice whether to include sensitive information or not. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
2.3 Speaketto may also collect information about your payment transactions with us and with some of our business partners. This information might include necessary information to process your due payments to us, such as your credit card number or bank account number
2.4 We may log usage data from your browser when you visit or use our site. We use log-ins, cookies, and internet protocol addresses to identify you and log your use and the pages you request.
3.1 Speaketto uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
3.2 Speaketto may use your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the Speaketto products and services or to do something that you have asked us to do.
3.3 Our services allow you to find and communicate with Language Helpers and Language Learners. Speaketto will display your name and any other user-submitted profile information on your profile according to the preferences you set in your account.
3.4 We may send you service, technical and administrative emails, messages and other types of communications in connection with any of our services. These communications are considered part of the Speaketto account and you may not opt out of them. We may send you service emails and messages that reflect your recent sessions or changes to your wallet. You may opt out of these messages. We might also send blog articles and other promotional messages. These are marketing messages and you can control whether you want to receive them.
4.1 Your data is handled according to the following legal provisions:
● With regard to data communicated in forms, etc. with your consent, Art. 6(1) (a) GDPR;
● With regard to services you use for the performance of a contract, Art. 6(1) (b) GDPR;
● Otherwise, with particular regard to statistical data and online identifiers based on legitimate interests, Art 6(1)(f) GDPR (see below).
● Legitimate Interests
4.2 When handling your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
● Improving our service;
● Protecting against misuse;
● Statistics and service analytics.
● Data Sources
4.3 Unless otherwise specified, we obtain the data from you (including via devices used by you).
5.1 Speaketto is a worldwide service. Data is transferred to third countries outside your home country and outside the European Union. This is done on the basis of contractual regulations stipulated by law that ensure appropriate protection of your data and that are available for you to view on request.
6.1 We retain your data:
● If you have consented to this as part of processing, until such time as you withdraw your consent (e.g. by deleting your account);
● If we need the data to fulfil an agreement, until such time as the contractual relationship with you ceases or legal retention periods expire;
● If we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, until such time as your overriding interest obliges us to delete or anonymize them.
7.1 Cookies are small files that your browser stores on your device in a directory designated specifically for this purpose. These cookies can be used for example to find out whether you have already visited a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Nevertheless, you can change the settings in your browser, so that no cookies are stored or so that your explicit agreement is required before any cookies are stored. You can also delete previously set cookies at any time. Please note that disabling cookies may result in your use of our website being restricted.
7.2 We need cookies to:
● remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
● provide custom, personalized content and information;
● to provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
● to monitor and aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
● to diagnose or fix technology problems;
● to help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
● to provide advertising, which may be tailored to your interests, and
● to keep the Speaketto community safe for members.
7.3 Speaketto lets other entities that show advertisements or provide services on some of our web pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this policy. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Speaketto cookie.
8.1 By registering or authenticating, users allow Speaketto to identify them securely and give them access to its services. Depending on what is described below, third parties may provide registration and authentication services. In this case, Speaketto will be able to access some data stored by these third-party services for registration or identification purposes, with the user’s explicit consent:
● Hosting and Backend Infrastructure: This type of service has the purpose of hosting data and files that enable Speaketto to run and be distributed, as well as providing a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of Speaketto. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where personal data is stored.
9.1 Payment processing services enable Speaketto to process payments, e.g. to add funds to a wallet. To ensure greater security, Speaketto does not process or store credit card details, and uses only the information necessary to execute the transaction with the financial intermediaries handling the transaction.
9.2 Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to you, such as emails containing invoices or notifications concerning the payment:
10.1 This type of service allows Speaketto to monitor the use and behavior of its service components, so its features, performance, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting can be improved. Which Personal Data are processed depends on the characteristics and mode of implementation of these services, whose function is to filter the activities of Speaketto:
● Serilog: Serilog is an open source logging library provided under the Apache 2.0 license.
11.1 The services contained in this section enable us to monitor and analyse web and mobile traffic and can be used to keep track of how Speaketto is used by users.
● Analytics collected directly (Speaketto): Speaketto uses an internal analytics system that does not involve third parties. Personal Data collected: cookies and usage data.
12.1 In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers and contractors so that we can operate Speaketto and our business.
13.1 Our customer support platform allows us to manage support and contact requests received via email or by other means, such as the contact form. The personal data processed depends on the information provided by the user in the messages and the means used for communication (e.g. email address).
14.1 Speaketto may revise, modify or update this policy. We may notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular Speaketto account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You are encouraged to check this policy frequently for any changes as your continued use of the Speaketto service indicates your consent to such changes.
15.1 No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we take reasonable measures to secure it on our systems.
15.2 If Speaketto learns of a security breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Speaketto or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstance
16.1 You can contact our data protection officer, Seif Bairakdar, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17.1 If you have a privacy concern regarding Speaketto, or this policy, have any questions or need assistance, please contact Speaketto Customer Service as follows:
● Email: email@example.com